As professional waxing therapists we believe waxing isn’t something you do now and again as a luxury, it should be part of your body maintenance routine, and it’s certainly not just a vanity thing. We believe it makes you feel better, inside and out – knowing how good we look underneath makes us all feel more confident on the outside.
What is waxing….
Waxing is simply one of the most effective ways of removing excess or unwanted hair from the body. This technique removes hair from the root and unlike other hair removal techniques such as threading; waxing can be done on almost any part of the body including arms, legs, back, eyebrow, abdomen, face, bikini area and feet.
A common misconception about waxing is that it is painful. In the hands of our experienced therapists, it is quick and nowhere near as bad and people think.
With our years of experience, especially if you are considering waxing for the first time, we can assure you that the anticipation of the wax and potential pain is far worse than the treatment itself. There is a momentary sting as the hair is removed but techniques and products we use quickly alleviate any discomfort and the treatment is done quickly and efficiently. The more a person waxes, the quicker and easier the treatments become and the hair will noticeably and quickly begin to thin and soften.
How it’s Done….
Waxing is the most advantageous way of removing excess or unwanted hair from the body. This leaves the waxed area very smooth. Hot wax is among the most popular methods.The wax is applied in a thick layer then allowed to cool down for it to harden for an easy removal. The wax is then peeled off to remove the hair.
Does it hurt?
This treatment does involve pulling the hair from the root, so it is more painful than other hair removal options. However, this is dependent on a few things, and most of our clients say that the discomfort they feel improves over time, disappears quickly, and is worth it for the smooth finish. We ensure that all of our therapists are expertly trained and know how to minimise the discomfort experienced. The more regularly you have an area waxed, the less uncomfortable it will be.
Waxing during pregnancy….
Women may wish to consider whether their usual waxing regime should stay the same during pregnancy. It can do, and waxing during pregnancy is usually safe, but the increased hormones and blood flow can make your skin more sensitive.
Benefits of Waxing….
Waxing is considered as one of the most effective hair removal methods for any part of the body. It guarantees a complete removal, even underneath the surface of the skin. There are numerous benefits and below is a list of just a few:
- Long lasting smooth and silky skin – Waxing removes hair from the root, making it take more time for new hair to grow back. The period before new hair growth differs from person to person and skin type, but it’s mostly observed to take 3-8 weeks.
- Exfoliation – Besides leaving the skin soft and smooth, waxing also rejuvenates the skin by removing the dead skin cells. As you remove the hardened wax, dead skin cells come with it.
- No skin damage – Unlike other types of hair removal methods like shaving, waxing does not cause adverse effects such as pigmentation, cuts or bad smelling skin. The wax used in the process is 100% natural leaving no chance of reactions.
- Softer and finer body hair – After waxing, the hair that grows back is soft and fine.
- Enhanced muscle definition – A smooth finish can improve sporting performance and self-confidence alike, as muscles appear bigger. A great extra boost for all you gym goers out there.
Can Men Wax….
Male waxing is no longer reserved for athletes nor is it a taboo. Apparently 1 in 3 men have integrated regular waxing into their beauty routine. This recent increase in gentlemen’s grooming means that treatments offering temporary hair removal are no longer considered effeminate or vain.
There isn’t any difference between male and female waxing, just a lot more hair to be removed. Waxing can be a little painful the first time but our trained therapists will use a range of products and techniques to minimise any discomfort. With regular appointments, it will become a virtually pain free process. This is because the hair in regularly treated areas will thin over time becoming softer and lighter in colour.
Can I shave between appointments?
No. Please do not shave between waxing appointments! It disrupts the hair growth cycle resulting in more hair at your next appointment.
Factors to consider before waxing….
To get the best out of this technique, there are a few factors that you need to consider. Here are a few things that should be considered:
- The hair should be a quarter of an inch long.
- Avoid using lotion since it can cause sensitivity or irritation of the skin.
- There should be a 24-hour gap after your appointment before sunbathing because the skin is still sensitive.